Pier Inspection & Concrete Encasement Supervisions
Pier/Site Inspection and/or Concrete Encasement Supervision arise from Building Plan Approvals where your development is within the Zone of Influence (ZOI) of any of Sydney Water’s assets.
Pier/Site Inspections are required to ensure the piers on your development are clear of the Zone of Influence as per your approved plans.
An accredited Sydney Water supplier is required to carry out this inspection and it must be booked prior to the footings/foundations/concrete being poured.
Concrete Encasement Supervision is required to ensure that the pipes are in good condition and to ensure the correct materials are used and the work is carried out to Sydney Water’s standards.
You may be required to have the section of pipe to be encased replaced at your cost, prior to the encasement taking place.
An accredited Sydney Water supplier is required to carry out the Concrete Encasement.
An accredited Sydney Water supplier is required to carry out the Concrete Encasement Supervision of the works and it must be booked prior to the concrete being poured.
AWPM are accredited by Sydney Water as a Water Service Coordinator and we are accredited to carry out Pier/Site Inspections and Concrete Encasement Supervision.
We are also accredited to carry out the concrete encasement works.
AWPM offer the following services:
- Accredited Key Personnel to carry out and approve Pier/Site Inspections.
- Accredited Key Personnel to supervise and approve Concrete Encasements.
- Advice of approvals to Sydney Water
- Accredited for Minor and Major Works Construction
If you would like to engage AWPM to carry out a Building Plan Approval &/or Peg Out please call our office on (02) 4648 0666 or you may fill in the General Enquiry section of our website and we will get in contact with you.
If you would like to engage AWPM to carry out a Pier/Site Inspection &/or Concrete Encasement Supervision please call our office on (02) 4648 0666 or you may fill in the General Enquiry section of our website and we will get in contact with you.
Bookings must be made at least 48 hours prior to Inspections/Supervision taking place.
Payment is required prior to inspection/supervision taking place.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- ALL WORK REQUIRED TO BE CARRIED OUT ON SYDNEY WATER’S ASSETS MUST BE DONE BY A SYDNEY WATER ACCREDITED SUPPLIER
- You may incur additional costs arising from the Pier/Site Inspection &/or Concrete Encasement Supervision.
- You may need to replace Sydney Water’s asset prior to the concrete encasement being carried out. Your accredited constructor should determine this at pre-construction stage at your cost.
- You will be required to pay for and book a Pier/Site Inspection if your development has piers in the zone of influence.
- Bookings must be made prior to the piers/concrete being poured/filled.
- You will be required to pay for and book a Concrete Encasement Supervision if you are concrete encasing Sydney Water’s assets.
- Building Plan Approval Requirements must be completed within 24 months of the approval date otherwise you may need to re-do your Building Plan Approval and pay another fee.